Quiet Voices
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What if - MR/The Losers RP! (Don't Start None, Won't Be None)

3 posters

Go down

What if - MR/The Losers RP! (Don't Start None, Won't Be None) Empty What if - MR/The Losers RP! (Don't Start None, Won't Be None)

Post  Sen Fri May 20, 2011 7:57 pm

When Trent came to, he was strapped to a chair in some room with no windows when the bag was lifted off his face. It was like the textbook version of an interrogation. Trent thought it was a drill until the boss showed up. After that, he just figured his captors just watched way too much action movies. No creativity whatsoever when the boss sat across the table from him and just stared for a little bit.

"You know," Trent started, looking around the room and grinning widely at the guards. The interrogation drill people used to get pissed at him for being so happy and talkative during the torture part of it, but he figured it was because it unnerved them more than anything else. "It would help if you guys actually told me why you kidnapped me. Or, for that matter, why you guys decided to kidnap me. Did you guys not do your homework?"

The boss just smiled, probably in a way that should have been scary had it not been Trent who was the kidnapped, "We know who you are, Trent Field. Tech analyst for the U.S. army, though you were from Canada originally. Of course, that's how far we were able to go considering the rest of your records are either wiped clean or don't seem to exist at all."

Trent's not surprised, considering he spent a whole week tracking down all the records he had on himself and getting rid of everything except the records needed to be in the U.S. Army. He spent that next month making sure none of his records could be traced back to his family, just in case of things like this.

"We kidnapped you to work on something for us," the boss continued, looking at her nails. "You seem to be a competent enough hacker to get the job done."

"I feel so praised right now," Trent snarked. "No, really, your compliments are too overflowing. Any farther and it'll be hero-worship."

She ignored him, which was probably for the best. "You'll need to be tested first on your skills though, before we actually give you your assignment. So, you need to find me all the information you can on Roften Sanders, a person who is in the armed forces, too." She slides a file across the table, "This is the information we have right now on him. You need to build on it. You'll have 24 hours to do so or else."

Trent just stared at her for a little bit, "Okay, exactly how many action movies have you watched? Because real villains do not talk like this. At least none that I know of. Actually, are villains exactly like the movies? I know everything is exaggerated in movies so surely-"

"Just get us our information and stop talking," the leader seemed perturbed by his monologue. She was probably rethinking her decision to pick the first hacker she saw off the streets.

"I can't really do that if I don't have use of my hands and no technology to use," Trent pointed out.

"So you'll do it?"

Trent raised an eyebrow, "....Like I have a choice? If I refuse you're just going to torture me until I do, and I rather not have to hack with a broken arm or whatever else they do in torture chambers. Isn't it the arm that gets broken first or the fingers? Either way, I rather not have to deal with that yet."

The boss-lady watched Trent through his little ramble, looking a little confused, "...You'll get a laptop, but to make sure you don't alert to anyone of your presence, someone will be watching you at all times. We don't want to have to kill you and kidnap another hacker." The 'even though I really want to now' was left unsaid.

She left quickly after that, and rather than untie and manhandle Trent to another room, the two guards just picked up the chair and walked towards the door. Trent felt like he was in a Jewish ceremony or like a king, and said as much. The guards didn't reply, which Trent figured. After all, guards weren't hired for their conversational skills which was a shame. If they could small talk, surely prisoners would feel more apt to speak. Maybe.

If Trent was ever to become a villain, he would hire guards that had conversational skills. Just sayin'.

They dropped him unceremoniously in front of a clunky desktop computer in the next room, and untied his hands but left his legs. He figured that was a moot point considering he could untie them himself. He looked down to his legs and saw that instead of the rope ties like his arms, they were clamped to the chair with actual metal clamps. Huh, that was actually quite clever. That explained why they brought the chair, too.

The guard to his left (Trent was going to name him Goyle in his mind) gestured toward the seriously outdated computer and grunted. Trent translated that to mean, "Go forth and use your amazing hacking prowess to help us in our time of need." Translator's prerogative, if you will.

So, Trent turned on the computer and waited for it to turn on before he started in on a code. The guards wouldn't know the difference once he segued into a code specifically to send an email to his cousin telling him what happened and what he should probably do now. He learned that if the people weren't used to looking at the code, they couldn't tell the difference between a high-security firewall and some person's layout of a site. It comes in handy in times like these.

Eh, while he was at it, might as well send Lucas a pizza, too.

He cringed at the sound of the dial-up turning on. Yep, he's going to have to fix that, too.
Sen
Sen
Admin

http://delicious.com/sennyboy

Back to top Go down

What if - MR/The Losers RP! (Don't Start None, Won't Be None) Empty Re: What if - MR/The Losers RP! (Don't Start None, Won't Be None)

Post  Raphael Fri May 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Lucas had been stalling when his doorbell rang. He should have left for work by then since he was part of the opening crew today but he hadn't been able to get himself motivated. He knew he needed to start considering a new job but he just hadn't gotten around to it yet and it was moments like this that just made him want to quit and force himself to find a new one.

He looked in the direction of his front door for a few moments. He wasn't completely awake yet and he couldn't figure out who would be here at 5 in the morning. Yawning, Lucas headed to his front door and frowned when he looked through his peephole. What the--

Lucas opened his door, still frowning. The instant it was opened the young male on the other side started up on his, most likely, scripted phrase. "Good day. I have a pizza here for a Mr... Male?" The man looked up at him questioningly when Lucas didn't say anything. A few moments past in silence before the guy started up again. "Shit. Was this a prank call? I figured as much when I saw the name. We usually only get prank calls around this time of day anyway."

Lucas was usually a quiet person but when he was confused he was even more so. He had not had enough sleep for this. He didn't even know there were any pizza places open this early anyway.

Lucas blamed his tiredness on him being slow on the uptake. The receipt for the pizza was on the top and he had glanced down at the others mention of the odd name and he had been staring at it through his tirade. When the obvious message clicked in his head his eyes widened and he turned around without a thought and shut his door behind him. Lucas was not one to normally be rude (on purpose) but in a situation like this it really didn't even occur to him that he was being so. He was too focused on what he had just found out.

Lucas went to his laptop instantly, impatient at the few seconds it took to boot up. He was used to Trent sending him a message every day, or every two days if he was on a mission, but it had already been four and he hadn't even heard anything at all. Trent always told him if he was going to be away for a few days and he hadn't heard anything of the sort this time. Lucas would never admit that he was worried, especially not to Trent, but he definitely was. He knew Trent did some dangerous things and he knew that the other could take care of himself but it didn't stop him worrying. If anyway was good at managing at getting in over his head it was Trent and ever since he had joined the military Lucas hadn't been able to help like he used to (not that that kept him from doing it sometimes though).

He had been debating doing something since yesterday but he knew if he overreacted Trent would never let him live it down. He wasn't sure if a sign like the one he had just gotten should be making him feel relieved or even more worried. He would decide once his stupid mail finally loaded. Why was it being so slow?!

Lucas knew he was getting annoyed because he was worried and he quickly typed in his username and password. After all this was over he was going to have to talk to Trent about his methods of getting signals across. Chech U.R. Male. Really? Come on, he might as well have just written Check Your Male, as the name with how obvious that clue was.

When Lucas was finally in (though in reality it had only taken a few seconds) he skimmed through his email. There weren't any from Trent's usual email but there was one he didn't recognize at all. When he opened it he knew it was Trent instantly and his worry deepened when he quickly scanned through the coded message.

He was up and out the door within seconds heading towards the Microsoft office that he worked at. He wasn't actually planning on working today but he couldn't think of a better place for what he needed. He wasn't like Trent; obsessed with computers at all times (though he could get just as in to them) so he didn't have a setup like he needed for something like he was about to do. He probably could have done it from his computer at home if he really tried but it was too risky too. Trent would have to wait a little bit longer.

Lucas headed into his cubicle the instant he got in. There were only a few other people at the office at this time in the morning so he didn't have to deal with anyone yet (though he usually never did anyway). He didn't log in to the system instead heading in through a backdoor. He figured it was going to be a little obvious to link what he was about to do back to him if he got caught but he couldn't bring himself to worry. It wouldn't be the first time he got in to trouble and it would even be Trent's fault in a way, just like all the other times.

It didn't take Lucas long at all to be running off the main server of the office and it took only a little bit longer to hack in to the department of transportation. He was running Trent's image through the traffic and security cameras in the country. He was a little worried that the system he was on wouldn't be able to do it but it managed to hold, if only a little slower than he would have liked.

Lucas started a different search on his own laptop that he had brought with him for information on Trent's last mission. He was glad when that was much easier to figure out but it added to the help in the fact that he had done this many times before. He might not hack as often as Trent did but the other made sure that Lucas never got out of practice with random games and the such.

What Lucas found simply added to the bit of information Trent had already managed to give him but it still worried him more. Trent had gone missing two days ago after he had finished a mission and from his file it seemed as if he dropped off the face of the planet (that instantly made Lucas not like whoever was in charge of looking for Trent) something that Trent had made Lucas realize long ago never happened. Someone could always be found.

Lucas read through the sparse file becoming more agitated each time he did as he waited for his search to find something. He knew that the military was looking for Trent (he was a good asset though he would never say that) but they didn't seem very good at what they were doing. Seriously, Lucas was planning on finding Trent within the hour and they hadn't been able to find him in two days? Were they that lacking in good tech people?

Lucas heard the soft chime signaling that his search had found something and he instantly twirled in his chair back to the other computer. It had found Trent and as he followed the cameras he managed to piece together where Trent was. He printed out the coordinates and wiped everything he had done from the mainframe. He hadn't been as safe as he normally would have but he had still been thorough; he was more worried about just finding Trent right now.

And speaking of finding Trent, Lucas turned back to his laptop again to the information on the screen. There had been one man, a Roften Sanders, assigned to Trent's case. Lucas didn't understand why only one person had been assigned to finding Trent and if he had more time he would have looked p information on the other male but for now he needed to get going. He had done a quick scan for Roften as well (much easier than finding Trent since he wasn't hiding) and he was going to have to get to the airport to get to where the other was. He knew he hadn't completely thought this plan through but he knew he couldn't go help Trent on his own whereas this man probably could. He was just going to find the other and make sure he knew where Trent ws so he could make sure Trent got out of this as soon as possible. It wouldn't be the first time he had saved Trent and most likely it wouldn't be the last, but this time he was going to make sure Trent got chewed out. He hated when Trent got into situations like this and he was going to make sure Trent knew (even if he was probably going to tease Lucas for it).

Lucas wasn't allowing himself to even consider that Trent might not be okay. Trent knew how to take care of himself and he wasn't willing to think about the fact that something could actually happen to Trent.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

Back to top Go down

What if - MR/The Losers RP! (Don't Start None, Won't Be None) Empty Re: What if - MR/The Losers RP! (Don't Start None, Won't Be None)

Post  Kyrian Sat May 21, 2011 9:55 pm

It was three o'clock in the morning when Roffy finished his mission. It was four o'clock before he hit base, 4:30 before he hit the rack. He was so tired he thought vaguely he'd entered the wrong room, but there was a bed and a curtain and that's all that mattered for now.

It wasn't even an hour later before a pounding noise shattered his unconsciousness, and he groaned, wondering if putting the pillow over his head would still work as a grown adult. Instead, he swung his legs over the edge of his rack and sat up as the door opened. He was going to shoot someone. Seriously, seriously going to shoot someone.

"Hey, Sanders." the Admin chief, Rogo, said softly. He knew Roffy well enough to know he'd be tired and pissed, so he kept a respectable distance away. "Boss needs you pronto. There's been an emergency."

An emergency. Fucking emergency. Something was always going wrong around here. He nodded tiredly and stood up, stifling the urge to yawn. Most of the time, he appreciated that command let him work alone, like he preferred, but some days he wished he had a good team behind him, to pick up his slack when he was running on empty. Now would have ben one of those times. Oh well.

"Good to go." he said in a raspy voice, slipping his handgun back into its holster from where it had been laying on the rack, in arms' reach. "Let me jump in the shower-"

"No shower." Rogo said regretfully, shrugging. "He said five minutes. That was three minutes ago." When Roffy looked at him, he shrugged again and held his hands up in a defeated gesture. As much as he wanted to kick something, he resisted the urge and followed Rogo out of the room and down the hallway into the sunlight.

Roften Sanders, or Roffy for short, was a special operations sniper for the US government. Originally a mercenary from northern Mexico, an operation gone bad had led to his capture and almost execution, until the American SpecOps had offered him an ultimatum: work for the US, or die a petty mercenary. Roffy wasn't stupid. Of course, none of this was on record anymore; Roffy couldn't even remember what his original name was, when his birthday was, or where he had grown up. He had no family left that he knew of. Completely unattached, and unbothered by it, he was the perfect candidate for SpecOps. The SpecOps Chain of Command, after a trial period of a couple years to make sure he wouldn't betray America, had agreed that he worked better as a lone wolf than in the five or six man fire teams they normally sorted their men into. He was also acclaimed enough that they tended to overwork him a little bit; he had never complained before, but less than an hour between missions was pushing into dangerous territory.

His boss was sitting at his desk in his makeshift office, looking as tired as Roffy felt while he did something on his computer. When Roffy sat in front of him (no way he was fucking standing, he was tired as shit), he breathed a short sigh of relief and massaged his eyelids briefly.

"Sanders. Good mission?" Roffy simply nodded. "Good. Listen, I know you're busted and you could use the rest, but we've had an emergency. One of our most brilliant hackers, Trent Field - " something about that name rang a bell with Roffy distantly - " has gone missing. We suspect a foreign government, but really that's just a shot in the dark. Either way, he's a valuable asset to our operations, and he needs to be found. So we're going to send you to the last place he was seen and hopefully they can give you more information." he stopped for a minute and grimaced, rolling his shoulder around in an attempt to loosen it a bit. "If anyone can do it, Sanders, I know you can. After this, I'll make sure you get the time off you deserve. Maybe take a vacation, disappear for a while. Good?"

Roffy knew his boss was working hard to do right by him, and nodded, a little chastened that he'd been so pissed. Goodman wouldn't ask so much of him if it wasn't completely necessary.

"When do I start?" He asked softly.

Goodman picked up a paper and scanned through it, mouthing to himself.

"Your flight leaves tomorrow morning. Make sure you're dressed, clean, you know the drill. Blend in. We'll get your gear through in your normal bags to your final destination. From there, it'll be up to you. Here's the contact information where you can start looking for Field." he handed Roffy the piece of paper he had been looking at and stood, closing his laptop with a resolute snap.

"Any questions?" he asked.

"...can I take a shower now?"

"Yes, Sanders, you can shower now."

Kyrian

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Sat May 21, 2011 11:41 pm

Lucas shouldered his backpack as he stepped off the plane breathing in the dry air. He couldn't believe he had just officially stepped onto Egyptian soil and yet he wasn't even going to get to sight-see (though he wasn't really thinking about that at the moment). He managed to get through the airport quickly, mainly due to the fact that he didn't bring much luggage with him at all (he only had a couple changes of clothes and his laptop, along with a few papers had printed in his backpack).

Once Lucas was in the airport lobby he sat down against a wall so no one could see what he was doing and he booted up his laptop. He wanted to know where he was going before he left the airport since he didn't have enough money to waste on unnecessary things. Most of his savings had gone into buying the last minute ticket to Egypt but he hadn't seen much of a choice. Egypt was the last place Trent had been and it was the same place Roften Sanders was headed, Lucas had never been more grateful for Trent having forced him to get a passport than when he realized where he was going to have to go.

Lucas easily found the information he had looked up earlier on Roften. It seemed like the military wasn't trying to hide him just yet so it wasn't a challenge to find his plane itinerary or where he was staying. He had already arrived before Lucas so Lucas hoped he was still at the place they had set up. He wasn't too far behind though and it was already pretty late so with any luck he wouldn't actually have to do any looking.

Lucas wrote the address down before putting his laptop back up. He hesitated, looking around at the busy airport around him (even though it was such a late hour) before breathing in deeply and heading towards one of the exits. This was not something he would have ever done if Trent wasn't in trouble and he was just going to have to not get distracted by his worries. As Lucas slid in to one of the rundown taxis waiting outside he was never more grateful for his affinity to languages. Ever since Trent had forced him to learn French he had been fascinated by languages. Not having a barrier between someone you were trying to understand made it much easier to figure out what they wanted and Lucas had learned long ago that knowing exactly what people wanted could usually help avoid bad situations. He was grateful that Arabic was one of the ones he knew though it still took them a few minutes to figure out what he wanted since he only spoke Modern Arabic and not the Egyptian dialect; Lucas' nervousness didn't help and he realized too late that he might have approached this situation wrong. Maybe he should have brought himself in to it at a different angle instead of so distinctively him, it might make situations like these easier. It was too late for that at the moment though and he sat back silently as the driver took off.

Lucas stared at the window, his backpack sitting in his lap, but he wasn't actually seeing anything what went by. He felt like he should be feeling a lot more than what he was at the moment but in a way he was glad he wasn't. He was trying to stay focused on what he had to do and how they had to get to Trent as quickly as possible. If he let himself think too much he knew he would start wondering about what exactly was happening to Trent and if he was okay. He couldn't afford to start thinking like that. Trent needed him right now, the email had been proof enough, and he couldn't let himself get carried away with worry. He also knew that he needed to try to force himself to calm down some. He hadn't been able to get any sleep on the plane due to his mind racing and he was positive he would be feeling that later. Even after trying to think so much all that he could come up with that could be maybe called a plan was 'find Roften, get him to help, find Trent, save Trent, yell at Trent'. He hadn't managed to get much farther than that and he just hoped his plan worked out no matter how simple it was.

Lucas was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard the driver say they were there. He paid for the drive glad that he had remembered to change his money over in the airport. He wasn't really sure what he was going to do after this or if Roften wasn't where he was supposed to be. He knew he could find him but getting to him would be a problem. Lucas was almost completely out of money after that drive. And he didn't want to think about the fact that he didn't have a return ticket to America.

Lucas entered the hotel after deciding how to go about this. Walking in as Lucas wouldn't work. He would need to be ready to change his story at any second and act like he knew Roften to get his room number. And if they still wouldn't give it to him he needed to be ready to watch for the documents that listed guests. Lucas always hated doing things like this. It felt odd to him to act like someone else but he knew it was the only way he could get something like this done. At least it was coming in handy, though he realized he only seemed to ever use his skills when he was getting Trent out of trouble and this was no exception though it was on a bigger scale this time.

A few minutes later Lucas was finding himself amazed at how easy it had been to get Roften's room number. The attendant had seemed startled that he could even speak their language and she had not really cared about anything else. Lucas almost thought he could have walked up acting like his normal self and he would have succeeded. He had almost been thrown out of his act when she had gotten so excited. He hadn't been expecting it at all.

He once again hesitated, standing outside of Roften's door. This was one part of the situation he hadn't thought through. He had no idea what kind of person Roften was and how easily he would accept help. Lucas realized he probably should have looked up more information on the other but he had always felt like he was invading on people's privacy when he did things like that.

Lucas breathed in deeply and braced himself as he knocked on the others door. He realized he was being way too soft and knocked harder almost cringing at the sound. This was a bad idea, he knew it was, but there was no going back now.

Lucas was almost starting to think that maybe Roften wasn't in when the door finally opened. Lucas was tense realizing that the other most likely had a weapon on him and probably wasn't going to take well to being intruded on so he hoped he could explain fast, but that wasn't something Lucas was exactly good at.

"U-Um, hi. M-My name i-is Lucas. Mays. L-Lucas Mays." Lucas' hand was gripping his arm crossed over his chest and he knew he was portraying himself as extremely nervous, something he pretty much always did when he talked to people he didn't know. It was a habit Trent hated and was always trying to break.

"I-I'm Trent's cousin. T-Trent Fields. Y-You're looking f-for h-him. I-I know w-where he i-is."

Lucas realized that he might not have made himself clear enough when Roften didn't answer right away and he felt himself tense even more. He was standing in front of a man that he was pretty sure was extremely dangerous and he was being completely silent. That was enough to put anyone on edge much less Lucas whom had still not looked the other in the face. Lucas breathed in again forcing himself to look up ready to explain himself more if needed. He felt like he was wasting time in a way though. He knew where Trent was and he wanted to go get him, not try to stand here and explain himself to someone he didn't know.

((Blame it on Sen. She chose Egypt as the last place Trent was. Heh. And just so you know I feel at a disadvantage in this rp. Sen has the computer knowledge and Kyrian has the military knowledge... If I screw up somewhere be nice to me. Heh. And also, I feel extremely odd writing Roften. I'm ready for that to change. Heh. I've never used that. Only Roffy and Mr. Sanders.))
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sen Sun May 22, 2011 2:25 am

By the third hour, Trent had, through long-winded explanations and highly veiled insults, received supplies and tools to turn the obsolete computer into a decent running computer. Decent enough to be able to hack through the firewalls that were surrounding most of Roften Sanders information, at least. It had piqued his interest when he realized that the U.S. Armed Forces had taken great lengths to erase this man from existence. Usually it took Trent a small amount of time to dredge up lost files and non-existent reports, but whoever had done this job had been thorough.

Unfortunately for the U.S. Armed Forces, however, Trent spent years doing what he did now without a purpose other than to see if he could. Well, that and it was also a great stress reducer. For Trent, anyways.

The guards had changed at least four times within the first two hours, the pairs easily becoming annoyed with Trent and not wanting to listen to Trent's imaginary cats anymore. One of the pairs had threatened to kill Trent and find another hacker, to which Trent just stared at him a bit before replying, "Then why did you kidnap me in the first place? If you guys knew me at all, I definitely would not have been your first choice. I'm figuring I'm your only choice at this moment in time, so excuse me if you have to deal with me being able to multitask." He had turned back to his computer then, typing heatedly for a moment.

He figured out within a couple of moments that the people who kidnapped him were either really stupid for giving him complete access of a computer and it's network or really smart for making him think he was in control. All the same, he figured they shouldn't have cars that were able to be started through the phone, considering iPhones were a lot easier to hack into through a computer than high-security military servers. After a bit, all the vehicles within three miles of the compound that had phone-operated starters were turning on and off at random intervals, no matter if the person was driving or not. Considering not many cars in Egypt (if he still was in Egypt) would be running well, let alone be advanced enough to have a phone starter, Trent figured many of the evil goons will be pissed.

Also, he found their printer on the network finally. That would make things a lot easier. He could find all the information he wanted very easily, but for some reason finding printers was always a hassle.

He had looked over Roften Sanders file a couple of times within those three hours between fixing the computer and pissing off heavily armed guards. There wasn't much in there, just a grainy picture and some facts thrown together basically saying he was a sniper in the Armed Forces. It was practically nothing. It was like asking for information on the Smithsonian in Washington, D.C., and the reply being, "It's a building."

So, finally being able to work on finding more out, he started delving into the different servers the man's information could be on. It was things like this that engrossed Trent. It was ridiculous the amount of information that could be stored on a network, how easily it could be tapped into and/or changed, the different ways one person could go about getting it, and the different things one could do with the information once they had it. Trent once changed all the records of his CO to report that the man was transgendered. When the man went in for his physical, that had raised some serious questions.

However, it was ridiculously hard to find information on this man. Trent was a little impressed at the amount of effort he had to use in order to get the information. Of course, that might be because he was getting useless information, like what Roften bought on his last mission (a pack of cards and a lighter) to a different picture of the man. What didn't make sense was why it was harder to find information on the man's childhood than the information on Roften Sanders as a Spec Ops sniper.

Wait, was that a mercenary contract? Trent whistled, raising his eyebrows. He didn't know Spanish, but all mercenary contracts seemed to look the same, and he had seen quite a few when he had to erase a person's existence for the Powers that Be.

"So, you were a mercenary before the U.S. Armed Forces, based in... Mexico, from the looks of it. That'll make things so much easier," Trent muttered, smiling to himself. He swung around to look at the two guards, who looked at him a little worriedly, "Listen, I need two things. One: I need a Spanish-English dictionary. Yes, yes, I know I can get one online, but it's much easier to look at the text and not have to switch windows back and forth. Just in case you didn't have one, I've already started printing out one for you on the Printer that is..." he checked the screen. "On the fifth floor. Oh, the ink is going to run low on that one soon. And Two: I am seriously freaking hungry. I realize that you guys have an image to maintain and I'm not supposed to eat food from you guys for fear of getting drugged or whatever, but I'll be at this for a while and I would like some sustenance considering the circumstances."

The guards stared at him for a moment before hesitantly shuffling towards the door to talk with some people down the hall. Trent didn't really care. Well, he did a little, considering that the time they spent not looking at the computer was the time spent sending as much information about his location to Lucas. He would send it to the other hacker on his team, but the serious incompetency of his team changed his decision. He was going to be reassigned again because he didn't get along with his team (again), but it really wasn't his fault that the team couldn't keep up with him. Or tolerate him, for that matter.

After a few more minutes of sending satellite images to random places on the internet, Trent decided to actually figure out Roften's past. He cackled maniacally, just for the fun of it. The guards behind him muttered about crazies, and Trent just smirked into the computer monitor and kept typing. It was going to be enough work to find Roffy's information and falsify it without seeming false.

((I found out about halfway through this that I totally spaced out while typing and rambled about nothing relevant to our plot. Well, you'll just have to deal. And Raphael, your our languages expert!))
Sen
Sen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyrian Sun May 22, 2011 9:34 pm

Several things were running through his head as he stared at the teen in front of him.

One, this was obviously a trap, because no civilian in their right mind would fly to a hostile country to meet with a man that they obviously knew was dangerous. Besides, anyone who knew about his mission to find Field had to be military, and military didn't stand in front of him and stutter, grip their arms in a way that showed they had no weapons, and look like they were about to pee their pants as soon as he opened the door.

Two, he was trying to figure out what interest the Egyptian government would have in Field, or otherwise how an American teenager managed to find him in a different country, track down his hotel room and hack the US government's computers to get information on him.

Two, he was considering whether he should let him in, hold him at gunpoint, knock him out, or just stand there to long just how long it would take him to actually piss himself. The last option sounded the most amusing; the first sounded the most practical. He settled for cocking a predatory smirk that made the teen jump and waving him in, stepping out of the way so Lucas could get through the doorway. When the blond didn't move, he grabbed him by the bicep and pulled him in, shutting the door with a click behind them.

"There are a lot of eyes in Egypt. It was smart of you to to knock on my door and scream who I was in the middle of a hallway." he said simply, crossing the small hotel room to lay his weapon back down where it had been before. On the bed, a sniper rifle lay half-assembled from his post-mission cleaning, and a laptop whirred as he attempted to find more information on Field's whereabouts. If Lucas really did know where Trent was, he would be a godsend; there was no way Roffy could track him down on his own.

"I-I didn't think. S-sorry. ...I'm n-not a spy." Lucas said nervously, rubbing his arm where Roffy had grabbed him. He seemed a little spooked.

"No?" Roffy said simply, glancing at him. Lucas seemed a little more at ease when Roffy wasn't looking straight at him; that was a sure sign of a real civilian, because anyone versed in dangerous situations knew that it didn't matter where your opponent seemed to be looking, he was still just as dangerous. "So, then, who are you? Field's...cousin?"

He listened quietly as Lucas stuttered his story out, trying not to look doubtful at the ridiculousness of it. It seemed incredible that Field had gotten away with passing off his hacking skills to anyone without being detected; then again, good hackers could get under the radar pretty easily. If Lucas really was a normal teenage boy, especially American-born, there was no reason the government would screen him thoroughly, even if he was close to Field.

"Do you know why Field might have been taken?" he asked. Lucas shook his head, beginning to look a little more at ease the longer Roffy went without assaulting him.

"But you know where he is." Nod.

"...so?"

Kyrian

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Sun May 22, 2011 10:40 pm

Lucas knew he was in way over his head and unlike Trent he couldn't ignore that fact. He had tried not to think about it during the trip but standing here and looking at the man in front of him it was a hard fact to ignore. Lucas tried to avoid trouble and Roften Sanders looked like the meaning of the word.

Lucas had definitely felt more comfortable without Roften actually looking at him though the gun laying out didn't help calm his nerves much. He was trying to remind himself that Roften wasn't the one he really needed to be worried about; they were after all on the same side. Lucas just hoped Roften knew that especially since the other seemed quite suspicious so far.

Lucas was glad when Roften turned the conversation to Trent and he seemed to either be believing him or amusing him. Either way Lucas didn't care if it actually helped Trent. He couldn't help his startled reaction when Roften seemed to think he was taking too long. In a way he was but he hadn't wanted to just start throwing out information; he hadn't been sure if the other man would even listen yet.

He pulled his backpack off and set it on the floor pulling out his laptop. He hesitated for a moment with it in his hand before deciding to set it on the small table. He had considered moving closer to Roften and setting it on the bed but he wasn't entirely comfortable getting that close to the man and the gun yet. The weapon might not have been fully assembled but Lucas doubted Roften even needed it.

Once the laptop was open he pulled the folded map out and held it out to the other. He kept telling himself to stop being so skittish but he still couldn't help moving away instantly after the paper was taken. He was just not comfortable in this situation.

He turned back to his laptop setting up a quick search and flipping through what he could find.

"T-That's a m-map with his c-coordinates. H-He s-sent me the i-information earlier. I-If he got t-the chance t-then he most l-likely -- Yep."

Lucas maximized the images that his search had yielded and picked his laptop back up. He couldn't help but tense up again as he moved closer to Roften but he did anyway, setting his laptop down next to the other. He waved to show Roften that he could flip through and look at the images.

"That's t-the place h-he's at. Satellite i-images f-from the look o-of it. H-He's still in E-Egypt about t-three hours f-from here." It occurred to Lucas that showing this man, who was a member of the US military, this information could possibly get him in to trouble (just like it had gotten Trent in to trouble), since he technically wasn't supposed to know, but he couldn't worry about that right now. There hadn't been another way to get this done, or at least none that had occurred to him.

"I-I figure i-if we leave t-tonight w-we can have him safe b-by morning." Truthfully, Lucas wasn't sure about that since he had no idea what kind of security the place had he just hoped Roften was good at what he did, though he assumed he was since they had sent him alone.

Lucas had also purposefully used the word we. He knew he probably wouldn't be much help. Though if it came down to it he knew how to shoot. Trent had made sure of that and he was a good shot... Or was the last time he had practiced with Trent but he hadn't ever shot anything other than a target and he really didn't want to change that. Either way he wasn't being left behind here. The fact that Trent had a computer meant there was a system there and he was sure Roften could at least use some help on that front. Plus it would let Trent know they were there. He had already readied himself for this argument so hopefully it wouldn't be too hard to convince the other.
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyrian Tue May 24, 2011 10:00 pm

Roffy listened quietly as Lucas explained the situation to him, nodding occasionally where it seemed needed. He was impressed by Lucas's information gathering skills; for a civilian, he was remarkably thorough, though there was some information he would need as a sniper that Lucas hadn't supplied. Hopefully he could remedy that fairly easily. The way the blond acted like a skittish animal was amusing in a way; it had been a long time since he'd been around a civilian that knew what he did for a living, so the reaction was rare enough to be entertaining. In fact, the last time something like this had happened, it had been between him and Fernando, and Fernando had certainly had no trouble using the nervousness to his advantage...

He yanked himself out of the memory and focused back on Lucas's story and the mission. Whoever was behind this, they weren't amateurs. He'd need full attention to get out with all limbs and a living hacker. When Lucas finished, he mulled for a moment, deciding the best way to go about things.

"...before I leave, I need some more information." he listed several things off and Lucas began typing fervently. "Is any of that going to be a problem?"

"It shouldn't be. Especially because I'm coming with you." Lucas replied, taking only a moment to look up from the laptop. Roffy noted with interest that it was the only statement Lucas had made without sounding like a broken record, especially paired with the level gaze he shot Roffy that the sniper could already tell was uncharacteristic for him. Roffy lifted an eyebrow, but shrugged; he assumed the other knew what he was getting himself into, and if not, oh well.

Kyrian

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyrian Mon May 30, 2011 8:57 pm

Fernando was just considering how easy it would be to hang himself with his bootlaces when his phone chirped and he remembered that killing himself on the job would be unprofessional. With a disgruntled sigh, he fished his iphone out of his pocket and tapped his new text message.

'Boss wants you right now. Charlie's taking your spot.'

Like clockwork, the bald-headed bodyguard appeared from around the corner and gave Fernando a slight head nod in his usual silent way, his eyes hidden by a pair of dark, expensive sunglasses. Like the fucking poster child for a mercenary. Fernando flipped him the bird and swung his feet down from next to the tv monitor, standing up all in the same move with a groan. His back ached from slouching in the broken chair, and his calves hurt from the death run he'd done this morning. He was looking forward to being off duty, but it looked like Superbitch wasn't having any of it.

"What does she want now?" he asked as he passed Charlie, who took the seat immediately and set his own cell phone down on the table. Charlie shrugged and glanced at the screen, which was (unsurprisingly) still empty. Imagine that, nobody wanted to attack their empty warehouse.

When Charlie gave no further reply, he rolled his eyes and strolled away, hands in his pockets. He hated this job. He hated these people. He hated that the only woman he saw on a regular basis now was a total shallow bitch and NOT anyone he wanted to do the horizontal tango with. But hey, at least he was getting something out of this whole shebang. Hopefully, Roffy would show up sometime soon to pick up the Chatty Kathy hacker and he could be done with this ridiculous job. He had been waiting years to see his brother, and it was impossible to track him when the US Government didn't want him found. He wondered how Roffy would take seeing him again. Would he be surprised? Fernando was almost certain Roffy thought he was dead - they were so tight he couldn't imagine his partner in crime not doing everything he could to find him.

He paused when he reached the steel door that hid Superbitch and her office, steeling himself for the stupidity that was going to attack him as soon as he entered. He had no idea what she wanted him for, but he was almost certain it wasn't going to be fun. After a minute of stalling, he pushed the door open and sauntered through, giving Sam a lazy smile.

"What's up, Boss? You need me?"

Kyrian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sen Tue May 31, 2011 12:27 am

Trent looked up as the door opened, watching as another person entered the room. Well, more like sauntered. With the way one of the guards grunted and got up, it must be time for another guard change. Trent could tell from that second that this person was going to be way cooler than any of the other bozos that were guarding him.

"Welcome to the party," he snarked, turning back to the computer and getting back to work. "Sorry for the lack of refreshments, the host here's really stingy. Doesn't even play any good music."

The new guy huffed a laugh and dragged a chair over by Trent. Well, that was new. "I'm your Spanish translator. Sent from on high and all that."

"Last time I checked, this reality doesn't shoot translators out of the printer when I ask for a dictionary," Trent commented, pausing in his typing to look over at his translator. "I'm sure I can translate it myself as soon as I have a dictionary."

The new guy just chuckled and leaned closer to Trent, smirk on his face highly evident of what he thought of Trent's excuse, "Boss says I need to translate, I translate. Money's money, holmes. Get on with the showing."

The flight-or-fight instinct was flaring up in Trent's mind, but he had practice ignoring it. He tilted his head, "Does that make you Watson, then?" The guy raised his eyebrow in question before Trent understood. "Ah, Spanish term, gotcha. Alright, back to work it is, then."

He went back to the monitor and started typing, switching screens to the first form he wanted translating, giving commentary the whole time, "You'd be surprised the amount of forms you can find about yourself when you're really looking. There is usually about twice more information than you would think and most of it is useless, like an online receipt for a clown suit that I, well, burned. I was going through a bit of a clown phobia and needed to difuse it- There we are!"

He pulled up the window showing a hospital form that he was pretty sure was Roffy's birth forms. He looked over to the translator, "Well, get with the translating."

The translator took a couple of seconds to look at it before dismissing it, "Unimportant."

"You aren't going to tell me what it says?" Trent countered. "Share the wealth, fiesta." He was pretty sure that was a Spanish word.

The new guy looked like he had to fight back a laugh, "Nah. This is pretty much a need-to-know thing and right now? You don't need to know." The last sentence held a little bit of an edge, the man's eyes sharp as a knife. His face seemed familiar.

"At least give me a rough outline," Trent argued, gesturing at the screen. "It helps to narrow my search on actual important documents."

"We have plenty of time," the man countered, leaning forward a little more. "Boss-lady doesn't really care about the project, only if you can actually do it. I'll decide whether or not you've passed when the time limit is up, so keep them coming." The last couple of words were heavy with warning, and Trent was pretty sure that if the man was holding a knife, it would be pressed to his skin.

Trent stared a little, but knew he wasn't going to win this one. It unnerved him a little the sudden step up in scare tactics but he knew better than to show that. With a long-suffering sigh, he deleted the window and started in on finding where he put the next form in the code. All hospitals were very easy to hack into due to the lax security on doctor-patient confidentiality, so he just copied all the hospital forms (including those which were erased) and stashed them in the cloud.

The next hospital form he came up with was in English (which gave Trent something he could read, finally), showing that it was after Roften had come over to the dark side U.S. Armed Forces. Remember the date on the mercenary contract he found, this seemed to coincide around the same time.

The description of injuries stated that Roften Sanders had suffered some head injuries (among many other injuries Trent connected to torture) that caused him to forget most of his earlier memories. The translator was close enough to Trent that Trent could feel him tense up and mutter a couple of Spanish words under his breath that were probably not something to teach to young children.

"What, were you in the same fraternity or something?" Trent asked nonchalantly, deleting the file and looking for the next one.
Sen
Sen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyrian Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:29 pm

"Yeah, we were frat brothers. Are all Americans as racist as you?" Fernando asked sarcastically, crossing his arms and leaning back in the chair. He had no patience for this stupid job or this Chatty Kathy; he wanted his brother fucking found.

"Only towards people that aren't white," Trent said cryptically, but his focus was on his screen, where he was clicking through screens rapidly and opening programs at a frightening speed. He stopped and maximized a photo on the page; it looked like a blurry shot of two people in the dark. With a few keystrokes, the photo depixalized and became clearer; it was obvious after a moment that one of the pair was Roffy. The other looked to be a tall, blond man, whom Roffy was-

"Sanders is a Donut-Puncher!" Trent cackled with glee as Fernando stared in horror.

There was no way his brother was into sticking his tongue down other men's throats. That was impossible; not just improbable, but impossible. But the picture showed very clearly that the two men were being... less than hostile, and there was no reason someone should photoshop such a picture.

Trent snuck a glance at Fernando, who quickly wiped the shocked look off his face and scoffed. "Not important. Unless you plan on sleeping with him." he said coolly, settling back into his disinterested, slouching pose against the chair back.

"No chance, Consuela." Trent replied, returning to his typing and formatting and what-the-hell else he was doing. Fernando sighed and closed his eyes, wishing he was anywhere but where he was. The revelation of his brother's sexuality wasn't so much a shock as it was a reminder of how much he'd missed in his brother's life. There was no 'meeting the family' for Fernando or Roffy, but to find out from a hacker that your brother was intimate with someone... for Fernando it was no big deal, but for Roffy these things didn't happen often. He didn't just have sex with people, and he didn't do it in front of a camera lightly. In another lifetime, maybe this guy would've been The One. Maybe Fernando would have been at the dinner table with him now, shooting glares at him when Roffy's back was turned, threatening him in the kitchen with a steak knife if he ever hurt his older brother. Maybe they'd be out at the bar, tossing back shots while Fernando scoped out the scenery and Roffy told him to stop being a whore. A lot of things could have been different. Now they never could be.

"Whoa, this looks fancy and important. Quick, Dictionary-man, what does it mean?!" Trent pointed to the screen with a flourish as if Fernando hadn't noticed it was there, and the mercenary began scanning the black and white document hastily.

"They're military orders." he said simply, motioning for Trent to scroll down as he read. "He was in Brazil a few weeks ago, it looks like."

"How do you know that?" Trent squinted at the screen. "It doesn't say Brazil."

"It's in Portuguese."

"They don't speak Portuguese in Brazil! They speak Brazilian."

"No, Field, they speak Portuguese. Trust me."

"That's like saying Americans speak English, man. Everyone knows we speak Americanese."

Fernando said nothing to that, but he was slightly baffled that Trent seemed to be completely serious.

"Anyway, it looks like he was in Brazil for a mission, transferred to Egypt, then was yanked from Egypt for another mission. Where that mission is, it doesn't say." he finished as the document ended abruptly. "If I were to make a guess, though, from the document, he's-" he stopped and looked at the blond man beside him.

"He's coming after you."

Kyrian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sen Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:03 pm

Trent raised his eyebrows for grinning wildly, "That's... a huge coincidence actually. That's kinda cool!"

His translator frenemy did not look as excited as he was. It was a shame. "Well, now that that's over..." The man had muttered before leaving the room, not even saying a farewell to Trent. It was a little saddening, but it gave Trent time to start erasing everything on the computer that had to do with the information he sent to Lucas.

Suddenly, the door slammed open and in walked a man who obviously had to be the head honcho by the expensiveness of his suit and the way the guards seemed to cower around him. This man was probably a sociopath who thrived on fear, then. It was pretty stereotypical and Trent had to remind himself that he was not, in fact, in an action movie.

"So, this is what a computer genius looks like," even the man's smile had a cruel edge to it, like all great movie bad guys. This was probably the reason Trent wasn't as afraid as he probably should have been.

"Well, we've been going towards the hipster look lately, but plaid is definitely in this season," Trent reasoned, shrugging. He watched as the boss seemed a little taken aback before pulling himself together quickly. Did they expect Trent to play the fearful, geeky computer nerd? With the way the rest of this operation was going, the answer was most likely a yes.

"As fun as this all is, you probably want to know the real reason why you're here."

"Yeah, I would like to get back to Angry Birds sometime soon."

"Being a smartass isn't going to get you out of here in one piece, you know," the boss had snapped before going back into his speech. "We want you to cripple the U.S. Military firewalls enough to implant a virus that will put every warhead they have offline."

Trent raised his eyebrows a little and scoffed, "Yeah, no, fat chance. That's kinda my country that I've been fighting for and all that."

"Even though they forced you into the military?" The man raised an eyebrow. "Not minding the fact that you're originally from Canada and don't even have citizenship in the U.S., the Armed Forces forced you to do their dirty work."

"....Like you're doing now," Trent remarked, raising an eyebrow. "At least with the U.S. I get paid and, oh, actually have freedom doing what I want."

"And how would Lucas like hearing about the deeds you pull for your esteemed country?" the boss dropped his cousin's name like it was going to have an effect. Like Trent was going to do a suicide mission so his cousin doesn't know what he does for a living.

"I'm really disappointed in the research you guys do over me. I mean, you guys get the most random details and none of it really important," Trent replied, shaking his head. "Dude, I tell Lucas everything about what I do. It's how I made a living even before joining the army, which is the reason I had to join if you guys didn't figure that out. It's kinda hard to keep that from a bright boy like my cousin is." He winked at his boss then. "But don't tell him I told you that. Try again."

The boss looked annoyed slightly, looking over to one of his guards. They were having some telepathic conversation from Trent's point of view, because the guard got up after a little bit and left the room. The boss looking over again and smiled, "Perhaps we got off on the wrong foot. I am Mr. Cromwell-"

Trent snorted. He couldn't help it, really. "Sorry, but, seriously? Are you a warlock?"

"-And you are Trent Field, computer hacker extraordinaire for the USA. The government which forced you into joining their military for being an resourceful young man. How will they like it when you suddenly, I don't know, gone rogue?" The Witch (as Trent dubbed him in his head) smirked at him.

Trent just stared at him a bit, "....Wow, you're serious about that question. Okay. Hoo boy." He bit back a laugh. "Dude, they already know that I've been captured. They've already sent someone here to rescue me. And even if they knew I gone rogue, they would search for me and find a way for me to be put back into the military. The U.S. isn't picky about their computer geniuses." He beamed at the man, "Try again."

The Witch growled and it seemed like the next tactic he was going to use was brute force (which probably would not have ended well for Trent at all), when a guard ran back in and started whispering to The Witch. The man instantly looked like he found a new toy. A sick feeling curled in Trent's stomach.

"Okay, so maybe we can't get you do this for us," The Witch remarked offhandedly, flipping through a file on a desk before finding a photo that he liked. He threw it in front of Trent. "But maybe we can get your cousin, Lucas, to do if for us." The picture was of Lucas at work (Trent would have laughed at the pure and utter boredom on Lucas's face had he been in a different situation) and it made Trent a little uneasy.

He fought to have it not show on his face, and snarked, "Yeah, because Lucas can totally hack."

"Well, he would have had to, probably learned it from you, for him to get as far as he did," The Witch commented vaguely, "Considering my guards have taken him into custody and he's currently in this building."

A spike of panic struck through his body, and it took effort for it not to show, "Bullshit."

The Witch grinned quite evilly, which didn't help the movie scenario at all, and two of the guards gripped Trent's upper arms, "Why, let me show you."
Sen
Sen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:57 pm

Lucas wasn’t sure if he liked suddenly having time to think. Things had gone smoothly so far, almost too smoothly, though Lucas tried not to think about the fact that something always went wrong and so far nothing had. He didn’t want to consider what that meant for the next part of their mission.

After he had told Roften that he was coming things had gone quickly. He had been expecting to have to argue so when the other had just accepting what he said with no questions Lucas had been thrown off and it had taken him a while to catch back up. He had given Roften the information that he had asked for and they had left shortly after. There had been a short snag on transportation since neither of them had a way to get to where they needed to go but Lucas had hacked into an ATM and simply bought a car from someone. He was pretty sure that Roften wouldn’t have cared if they had to steal one but Lucas knew that the people around here didn’t have much money and stealing one of their cars was enough to ruin one of their lives. It made more sense to take money from people who had it, hence the owner of the ATM, and pay someone. Lucas knew that his thinking on that concept was a little screwed up but he really didn’t care. He had gotten them a car (the man who owned the car seemed to startled that he actually knew Arabic to care about much else) and it even ran well. He had purposely ignored the look that Roften had given him not wanting to dwell on what the other man was thinking.

Now Lucas was doing the same thing that he had been doing for the last thirty minutes; staring out the window as Roften drove. The silence wasn’t exactly comfortable, he had a feeling Roften wanted to ask him about some things, and that was why Lucas kept his gaze towards the opposite window to let the other know that he didn’t want to talk. He was surprised it had actually worked so far.

Knowing that they still had a couple more hours made Lucas wonder if maybe he should start a conversation. The quiet was starting to get to him. Usually silence didn’t bother Lucas but in this situation it made him all too aware that Trent wasn’t around and that he could be in quite a bit of trouble. And thinking of Trent just made him wonder what he was doing.

Lucas knew that Trent had given him that information so that he could find someone to help him but Lucas was also almost positive that Trent hadn’t meant for him to come along. Trent had worked hard to keep Lucas out of the eye of the military and he wouldn’t be happy that Lucas had basically just ruined all of his hard work. He would be even less happy that Lucas was walking right into a situation like this but Lucas was also certain that he would drive himself crazy if he stayed back at the hotel. He could help Roften, he could. He could watch the security and make sure that no one noticed him through that system. Lucas knew that that probably wouldn’t be much help but it made him feel a little less useless in a situation that he knew he wasn’t much help in.

Lucas sighed lightly letting his head rest against the back of the car seat. The next thing he knew he was being shook awake. He blinked, confused, wondering why Roften looked like he was ready to be attacked before he realized that it must be a military thing or something. Trent had started doing that lately as well. He didn’t like waking sleeping people up and Lucas had learned the hard way why once; Trent still felt guilty about that to this day though Lucas had told him to forget it countless times.

“ ‘M up.” He yawned, wondering when exactly he had fallen asleep. He probably should have been expecting it though with how little he had slept the last few days. “Sorry… Didn’t mean to sleep.”

Lucas was still half-asleep as he opened the car door though he realized at the last moment that slamming it was probably a bad idea, especially if they were anywhere near where Trent was. He looked around as Roften opened the back of the car and went through the things he had brought. Lucas wasn’t going to ask but he was willing to bet that most of what Roften had brought along was weapons.

As Lucas breathed in deeply he smelled salt on the air and realized they must be near an ocean which was a good sign since according to the satellite images Trent was near one as well. At the moment though Lucas couldn’t see much other than sand and he wondered how Roften knew that they were close. He didn’t ask though trusting that the other knew what he was doing.

Lucas opened his laptop and quickly got his system running realizing that they were a lot closer than he thought when he easily found a strong connection close to them. He was willing to bet that Trent was right beyond the sand dunes in front of them.

Lucas looked up when he heard the car door shut quietly and he found Roften looking at him as if he wasn’t entirely sure what he wanted to do.

“I-I’ll stay h-here.” Lucas decided to make the choice for him since he was finally awake enough to think. “I-I can keep t-track o-of you on their s-security. I-I will m-make sure that they c-can’t see y-you on their c-cameras so d-don’t worry about t-them.”

Lucas scowled at the skeptical look that he received to his comment but he didn’t say anything deciding to look back down at his laptop and get to work. He wasn’t as good as Trent was at this so it would take him a minute; plus it didn’t help that he hadn’t done anything like it in a while. He was positive that he could replace the cameras with fake views easily enough though so that he could keep that part of Roften’s job easier.

Lucas nodded at Roften’s warning to stay quiet and in place. He wasn’t planning on moving from this spot until the other got back so that wouldn’t be a problem. He looked up again when Roften started to walk away and he quietly called for him to wait. When Roften looked back at him Lucas ducked his head. He hadn’t actually meant to say anything but it looked like he was going to have too now.

“T-Thanks…” He didn’t look back up to see if Roften thought he was an idiot for stopping to say that but he had felt like it was necessary. Lucas didn’t think most people would have accepted him so easily and if it had been anyone else he probably would be back at the hotel still arguing with them. He was truly grateful that Roften had been so quick and it made him feel that much more relieved about the prospects of getting Trent back in one piece. It helped that Roften seemed like the type to not mess up often.

It didn’t take long for Lucas to realize that waiting here was just as hard as waiting back at the hotel would have been. He had already started to get antsy. He had replaced the security feed easily enough and he had thought Trent would have been proud at how efficiently he had done it but being able to watch Roften wasn’t helping much. Even with the feed it seemed that the other was used to jobs like this because he was staying out of the cameras as often as possible. The few times Lucas had caught him he had been pretty sure that it had been on purpose to see if the cameras had been taken care of though Lucas wasn’t sure if Roften would take a risk like that.

Lucas drummed his fingers against the keys of his laptop impatiently; he was not made for situations like this, he didn’t know how Trent did it, though having someone you knew in trouble probably made it harder. His fingers froze when he heard something behind him and he didn’t even have time to feel panicked before there were more guns around him than he could count. He almost felt the urge to laugh at the pure overkill but he figured that doing so would not have been a good idea.

Lucas wasn’t fully able to keep up with what happened next as he was manhandled out of the vehicle and on to the base. His brain had shut down due to pure panic. This was not how things were supposed to go; in fact being caught hadn’t even occurred to Lucas as a possibility.

There were a few men standing around him in a small room and though only one had his gun out where Lucas could see he knew that the others had ones as well ready to be pulled at any time. He realized that they must not know exactly who he was if they were guarding him so well. Lucas might have some talents but he doubted he could take six armed men on, in fact, he knew he couldn’t. He just hoped that Roften had gotten to Trent and he was going to have to make sure that they didn’t realize he wasn’t alone here. If he could keep them from getting suspicious about someone else then they might still have a chance here, though if he were them he would have already sent his security out to check things out.

Lucas had finally calmed himself down some and he was starting to fidget with the cuffs they had put on him when he finally heard noise beyond the door. He felt his breath catch when he realized he could hear Trent’s voice though what was being said didn’t fully sink in due to him realizing the situation had gotten that much worse. If Trent was out there then that meant Roften hadn’t gotten to him yet. Lucas just hoped Roften hadn’t gotten caught as well then they would all be really screwed, though Lucas was pretty sure they already were.

Lucas focused on the door when it opened though he was quickly distracted as one of his guards stepped up behind him and he found a gun suddenly pointed at his head. That was never a good sign.

Lucas tried to school his face into a neutral expression though he was pretty positive that he failed when the man who walked into the room smirked widely at him.

“See, Trent, and you thought I was lying to you. Maybe now you will understand that I don’t lie.” Lucas had been scared before but he felt all of that worry change course when he locked eyes with Trent.

“Lucas… Fancy seeing you here.” Oh yeah, Trent was going to kill him, no doubt about it. Lucas realized that Trent was not the person he should be worried about in this situation but no matter how irrational he knew it was he really couldn’t help it. He had only seen Trent angry a few times in his entire life and right now? Trent was furious (though it wasn’t obvious if you didn’t know Trent) and Lucas knew that part of his anger was directed at Lucas.

Lucas found himself breaking his gaze with Trent not able to hold it any longer. This had not been how he had seen this going in any of the scenarios he had thought up and through the fear he couldn’t help but feel guilty; him coming along wasn’t seeming like such a good idea anymore.

Lucas looked back up when the man who was standing next to Trent starting talking again. “Now, how about we start over? How does that sound Trent? I’m thinking your answer will be slightly different this time around.”
Raphael
Raphael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum